domingo, 28 de mayo de 2023

The Graphite Pencil




My favorite piece of technology is the graphite pencil. I know, you're thinking that it's not a technological object, but according to wikipedia (lol), the history of technology goes back to the invention of tools and techniques with a specific purpose. So, I think it's correct to say that the graphite pencil counts as a technology 😸.

Do you know all the art that we can do with graphite pencils? I think you don't (me neither btw haha). I love how artist are able to draw human faces, buildings, fruits and basically whatever they want, and make their draws look real (that's amazing!!). I must confess that, since I was a child, I always watch timelapses on youtube of people drawing with this kind of pencil. 

But recently, in 2020, I started using the graphite pencil, because I wanted to learn the realism technique (to be like the people on yt :D ). I have to say that, due the university, I haven't had much time to dedicate to drawing (actually, somewhere in my house there are unfinished drawings, sad 😞).

I think that using this object is the best thing I can do to relax, concentrate and distract myself from things that are happening around me. Also, when I draw I feel like the hours go by so fast (which also helps me to kill time haha). I recommend using this pencil to all the people who like to draw, because everyone can find their art with the graphite pencil, tell a story, and express emotions through images created by themselves (I think that's beautiful 😋).

Here are some draws of mine (one unfinished), as attempts to do realism with graphite pencil, jej. 



(I like the way the nipple turned out too small lol, but just trust in the process 😃😃)

2 comentarios:

  1. is so crazy the art you can make with a pencil , that good draws

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow!. You draw very well, and with this technique it looks even better.

    ResponderEliminar

The Graphite Pencil

My favorite piece of technology is the graphite pencil. I know, you're thinking that it's not a technological object, but according ...